Dondakaya / Tindora - 1/4kg
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Oil - 2tsp
Haldhi – pinch
Green Chilies – 1finely chopped
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
Red Chili Powder – 2tsp
Salt – to taste
Hing - pinch
1. Slice dondakaya / tindora into thin slices or like round rings..(depending on your taste)
2 . Heat 2tsp Oil in a pan on medium heat.
3. Add Mustard Seeds and allow them to crackle.
4. Add Cumin Seeds and let them saute for few seconds.
5. Add pincgh of hing (optional).
6. Now add chopped greenchillies and saute for 30sec.
7. Then add sliced dondakaya.
8. Mix well nicely.
9. Add Salt and mix well.(do not add too much salt after cooking the dondakaya will shrink)
10. Cover and cook till dondakaya is cooked.( it takes about 10mins)
11. Keep stirring in middle so that the vegetable does'nt burn.
12. Add 1/2 tsp jeera powder(cumin)
13. Add 1tsp coriander powder.
14. Add 2tsp Red Chili .
15. Mix well evenly.
16. When dondakaya is cooked , uncover and cook in high flame for few minutes to lightly brown them.
17. Goes good with plain rice and as a side dish for sambhar...........................