Vankaya/ Eggplant - 1 bigsize
Oil – 1 tbsp
Asafoetida – pinch
Onion – 1/2chopped finely
Garlic – 1 tbsp
Green Chillies – to taste, finely chopped
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt – to taste
Lime/ Lemon Juice – to taste
Coriander – finely chopped
Chilli powder - 1tbsp(optional)
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F (approx 200 degrees C).
2. Line the baking pan with foil.
3. Coat the Eggplant with a little Oil and bake it for 1 hour.
5. You can even directly burn it on gas . The method is same but be careful with ur hands...........
6. Once out of the oven, allow it to cool down.
7. Peal the skin off.
8. Roughly chop it with the help of kinfe.
8. In a pan heat oil.
9. Add in Asafoetida(optional).
10. Add in the chopped Onions.
11. Now add the crushed Garlic.
12. Then add Green Chillies .
13. Add in some Salt,haldi , mix well and allow them it to cook till the Onions get a little translucent.
15. Mix well nicely.
16. Add chilli powder (optional).
17. Mix well and allow it to heat up all the way through.
18. Add in Lemon/Lime Juice.
19. And garnish it with chopped coriander leaves.
20. Mix well .
21. Serve hot with Chapatis or Parathas.............................