Toor dal - 1cup
Butternut squash - 1cup (cut into cubes).
Channa dal - 2tbsp
Black pepper powder - 1/2tsp
Haldi - pinch
Coconut grated -2tbsp
Red chillies dry - 4
Jeera - 1/4tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/4tsp
Urad dal - 1tsp
Hing - pinch
Oil - 1/2 tsp ( We can even use coconut oil for seasoning)
1. Wash 1cup toor dal and add 3cups water and let it boil for three whistles.
2. Chop the butternut squash.
3. In a pan add 2tbsp of channa dal.
4. Add the chopped squash.
5. Now add 1cup of water.
6. Add a pinch of haldi and black pepper powder.
7. Mix them nicely and allow it to boil.
8. By the time the squash is boiling we can do the grinding part.
9. Take 2tbsp of grated coconut in a spice grinder jar.
10. Add 4 redchillies and jeera.
11. Grind them to a fine paste.
12. check weather the squash is boiled.
13. Then add the boiled dal.
14. Mix well nicely and add the grinded coconut paste.
15. Add the curry leaves.
16. Heat oil in a small pan for tadka.
17. Add mustard seeds and allow them to pop.
18. Now add urad dal and let it fry till golden brown colour.
19. Add pinch of hing.
20. Pour the tadka into the dal.
21. Mix well and allow it to boil for 3mins.
22. Now the dal is ready to serve...................................
This dal is very healthy. It is important to add all the squashes in our daily cooking......