1 cup ragi powder
1/2 cup drumstick leaves (u can prepare without this also)
1/2 tsp mustard seed
1/2 tsp jeera
1 medium size onion chopped
2 greenchillies chopped
water to mix
salt to taste
oil for cooking
1. Take ragi flour and keep aside.
2. Chop onions , greenchillies, drumstickleaves.
3. First take a pan heat it put oil add mustard, jeera ,let them crackle.
4. Add chillies saute it then add the onion and then add the greens
5.(i added chilli powder according to my taste as we eat more spice)
add salt and mix well.
6. In a bowl take the ragi powder then add the above fried things to this.
7. Then sprinkle water add mix it as we do for chappati or rotie . the consistency should be in such a way to flatten the dough ,ie it should not be too loose also.
8. Make the dough into handfull of balls each.
9. Then take a polythene cover apply oil on it with ur hand and then keep the dough ball on it and flatten the ball .
10. Heat the pan or dosa thava add a little oil and take this flattened roti by tuning upside down the cover over your palm and put that into the pan apply oil.
11. Allow to cook for 30 seconds in medium flame turn it the other side allow to cook as we do for chappathi.
12. Serve it with plain curd...................................
This is good for small children too as it contains lot of iron.............................................