Monday, May 31, 2010
BABY POTATO KAJU TAMATAR SUBZI
Baby Potatoes - 150 gms
Onions - 1 medium, finely chopped
Tomatoes - 2 small, finely chopped
Ginger Garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
Cloves - 2
Cinnamon - 2"
Cardamom - 1
Curds/ Yogurt - 2 tbsp
Chili powder - 1 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder a pinch
Salt to taste
Oil - 2 tsp
Kaju - 1/4cup
Kasuri Methi - 2 pinches
1. Soak and wash the baby potatoes well to remove the dirt.
2. Prick the potatoes with fork as these are going to be cooked with skin.
3. Heat a pressure cooker with oil, add in the cloves, cardamom, cinnamon. Fry for 1 min.
5. Add in the ginger garlic paste. fry till its all mixed and brown.
6. Then add tomatoes, simmer and add the salt and turmeric. Sauté for 5 mins for the tomatoes to get soft.
8. Now add red chili powder, coriander powder and cumin powder. Simmer again for 5 mins. add in the baby potatoes and cook for couple of minutes. Have the flame in sim and add the curds. Mix well immediately so that it doesn't curdle.
9. After stirring well add 1 cup of water or enough to cover the baby potatoes.
11. Once the steam is off, cook again for a 1 minute for the gravy to get thicken.
12. Serve it with Roti or Rice. ........................