1 cup - chana dal, soak in water 2 hrs, drain
1 - large finely chopped onion
4 - green chillis finely chopped
2 -cloves garlic
1 - tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
1 - tbsp finely chopped mint leaves
10 - curry leaves, finely chopped
1/4 -tsp cumin pwd
pinch of garam masala pwd
salt to taste
oil for deep
1. Grind the soaked and drained chana dal (leave aside a fistful of soaked dal), ginger, garlic and green chillis to a coarse paste.
2. Add the remaining chana dal, chopped onions, mint leaves, curry leaves coriander leaves, cumin pwd, garam masala pwd and salt and mix well.
3. Take some of this mixture to form a lemon sized ball.
4. Flatten it on your palm to make a patti shape.
6. Heat oil for deep frying in a heavy bottomed vessel.