Sugar - 1/2cup
Jaggery - 2tbsp (powdered)
Elachi powder - 1tsp
Ghee - 1tsp (for frying moong dhal)
FOR GARNISH: Cashew nuts - 10
Coconut pieces - 1tbsp
Ghee - 1tsp(for frying all the nuts)
METHOD: 1. Take 1cup moong dhal and fry in 1tsp ghee in pressure cooker.
3. A dd milk and allow it to boil untill 3 whistles.
5. Add sugar, jaggery and mix well until it gets dissolved.
6. Add little water or milk if the dhal is thick.
7. Let this mixture boil for 5mins.Add elachi powder.
8. Keep a frying pan add 1tsp ghee and fry the nuts and raisins for garnish.
9. Garnish the moongdhal payasam with fried nuts.