Ghee - 1tsp
1. In a pressure cooker, place a cup of tur dal, turmeric pwd, pinch of hing and 1 cup of water and pressure cook upto 3 whistles.
2 Heat a deep vessel.
3. Add 3 cups of water, mashed dal, chopped tomatoes, tamarind extract, salt, turmeric pwd, few fresh curry leaves, pinch of jaggery and rasam pwd and bring to a boil.
4. Continue to boil for 2-3 mts.
5. Heat oil in a pan.
6. Add mustards seeds and as they splutter.
7. Add red chillis and curry leaves and stir fry for a few seconds. Add asafoetida and turn off heat.
8. Add this to the rasam and combine.
9. Turn off heat and place lid.
10. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with plain rice..............................